TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Proof that you used your own sourced parts
People Seeking Info

Subject Proof that you used your own sourced parts

Posted by dTb on November 16, 2019 at 11:18 AM
  This message has been viewed 227 times.

In Reply To Re: Engine Teardown.. looking for input posted by Tech@EPR on November 14, 2019 at 03:27 PM

Message and that I delivered you my long block core when i picked up the finished motor from you:

From EPR 11/2/14 "Ok sounds good. Will you be dropping off your engine first or just having me order parts and so forth up front..."

From Me 11/2/14: "Oh, I thought you said you had plenty of engines. I was going to take my time disassembling my block.."

From EPR 11/2/14: "Oh ok...that's fine. You just want to swap cores then. That's no problem at all..."

From EPR 11/10/14: "Pistons and rods arrived today. Block is pulled from stock and I've started prepping for the hone."

Shown are the pictures of me picking up the uhaul trailer on 3/7/15 and loading my complete long block into it, delivering it to you, and picking up the finished long block from you. So yah, you did supply my with these parts.

Basically, i gave you $8500 and a perfectly running TT motor with none of these leak issues and a good crank, and you gave me a motor with lots of leaks, incorrect exhaust valves, an oil pan with several issues, a crank that had its main seal surface so worn down that i had to sleeve it. How would you feel?

You either didnt see these issues when you put it all together or didnt do your diligence or you didnt care, all of which are unacceptable for what i paid. I am an amateur and I had to find and fix these issues. One or two things, no problem, everyone makes mistakes, but more than i can count on one hand? Come on.

If you want to make this right, send me a new crank, and TT exhaust valves because right now that is what i am needing to replace at a minimum. I dropped off the block and heads and crank at the machine shop yesterday and we are going to inspect and measure everything.

Tell me please... what did you do to the crank to "modify" it? This could help us figure out what happened to the bearings. If your not going to make it right, please dont continue to hijack this thread. This is a technical thread and i am looking for input on the condition of the parts in question, not argue with you...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.